* Name: The Locket
* Painter: Sarah Hultin
* Size: 27"H x 19"W x 1.75"D
* Original handmade oil painting on wood
* Shipping "ready to hang" (stretched) with black frame in rigid box
* Style: Modern, contemporary
* Free shipping within the United States
* 30 Day full money refund accepted, buyer is responsible for return shipping costs
Locals will receive 15% off for picking up the artwork at my studio located in Hoople, ND. Enter LOCALLOVE in the coupon code when purchasing the painting. Offer applies only for local pickup.
The beauty of this piece is the mystery of the unknown. The little girl in the painting wears a locket, an object that contains images of the people or things closest to her, carrying a deeper understanding of who she is.
The Locket is part of my series of paintings titled Rural Inhabitants, which focuses on reawakening the memories left behind in abandoned houses. Memories may not be visible but linger in the forms that still exist. To describe the past, I have introduced the human figure. The figure represents a memory while the structure defines the present reality. Inspired by the tendency to bury the past away in formations incapable of existing forever, the memories of the past to become a form, tangible and capable of decay.
Shutterstock image by mtlapcevic